Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Only Way is Up - Carole Matthews

I really like Carole Matthews. Some of her books don't resonate with me as much as others, but she's always a fun, unpredictable read. THE ONLY WAY IS UP is probably one of my favourites. I don't know what it is about the "from riches to rags" stories that I find so alluring.

From the book jacket:

Lily and Laurence had it all: the money, the car, a beautiful home in the Buckinghamshire countryside. Then Laurence loses his job and everything disappears. With nowhere to turn, Lily and Laurence are forced to take their two young children and move to a flea-ridden council house on a notoriously rough estate. As they try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives, Lily constantly dreams of returning to her old, luxurious life. Will her dream come true or will she learn that money doesn't alway buy happiness?


No comments: