Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Guest Post: Fear of Darkness by Honoria Ravena


Fear of Darkness, my first published work, comes out today (17 December). Fear of Darkness will always hold a special place in my heart. It isn't the first book I ever finished, but it's the first book I finished that's good. The Vampire's Kingdom (which will never see the light of day) was written before I'd learned the mechanics of writing. Last time I tried to edit it I wanted to rip my hair out, so I'll have to have major patience to go back, because not only would I have to re-do the mechanics, but my world has changed since I wrote it.

Fear of Darkness is also one of the four original vampire novels I started when I first began writing at twelve. While it's NOTHING like what it used to be when I had it posted on Writing.com it does retain some of the plot points from the beginning and the main characters. Everything else is different.

Blurb:

Vahe Patten is a Watcher in the King's guard. The vampire king, that is. As a Watcher, Vahe executes vampires who break the only major vampire law: keep the secret. When Dylan Andrew starts leaving his murder victims for the human authorities to find, something must be done. While in Haven, Vahe enters the dreams of a woman plagued with nightmares of her past. When he sees Dylan flirting with her in a bar, he knows she'll be his next victim.

Natalya Woods just wants to avoid her ex-husband. The small town of Haven, Maine seems perfect until she's attacked in the street by, literally, the man of her dreams.

Read an extended excerpt on my website: http://www.honoriaravena.com

Or buy the book here: http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=382


No comments: